Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

More from our weekend

On the way home from OH, we were able to stop in Calkins, PA to visit Brian's brother, Erik. He just moved there last week, so we were really happy to be able to see him and his new place. It is a rural area. Beautiful countryside. We were glad to meet the pastor's family whom he'll be working with as well as eating dinner with him at another family's home in the church. We spent the night with him and took off early the next morning to get home in time for Brian to teach.



The three guys! It was great to see Erik again!



On the left is Erik's new church. It was built in 1850! There is a bell in that steeple, but we didn't get to hear it! The other two pictures are of his house. It is huge and has so much character (like you would expect of an old house). I'm not sure how a guy by himself is going to fill it up, but hopefully he won't be too lonely in it. We enjoyed being way out in the country--quite a change from the Boston area!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Donna said...

Oh my! That house IS HUGE!

Mom and Dad said...

What a house!! I would love to live there if I had a maid :-)

Amy J said...

Did the house come with the job?

johanna said...

Yes, Amy, it did!

Liz said...

BEAUTIFUL house and church!

Pastor Erik and Bethany Hanson said...

I am glad that y'all enjoyed your time here with me in PA. It was good to see familiar faces again.:-) Actually, I am not lonely up here at all. After a week up here, I am quite settled now with the community, church family, and the house. It is great that I have plenty of work to do up here to keep me busy. I absolutely love it up here and I am glad that you were able to enjoy my house and some of the fellowship with my wonderful church family. You are welcomed to stop by any time that you are in the area... as you know I have plenty of room.:-)

Sarah Beals said...

what an absolutely beautiful church!! wow!