Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mudpies!

Another one of our fun activities this week was making mudpies. There is definitely a reason why mother's of toddlers don't get manicures done. It wouldn't last more than a day! Anyway, sometimes I wonder at myself, because I was teaching him how to make the mudpies. But he had a blast and eventually was able to make them mostly on his own! It was so cute to watch his face every single time he picked up the bowl and saw the pie firmly in place. It was like it was new every time. My camera wasn't fast enough to catch the "in awe" look, but you get a small idea in the picture in the collage. He felt the need to water the flower afterwards too.

We also talked about squares and circles while we did this. I know. But, I really couldn't help myself.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Josh and Amy J. said...

Those are the most beautiful mudpies I've ever seen - really. I never imagined that mudpies could actually be a work of art.

Mimi said...

yummy!!!

Donna said...

I'm with Amy! Whoever thought of mudpies as pretty??! WHAT FUN! Like you said--playing IS learning!

Donna said...

BTW--have I ever mentioned about what a cute boy you have?