Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Our anniversary get-a-way


I love, love, love big cities. There is just something about a big city that I can't get enough of. I love the lights, the sounds, the craziness, the shops. Thanks to my hubby for finding a great room. We were on the 25th floor of a hotel on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. It was just perfect. We enjoyed a great dinner at a very unique restaurant. Definitely a one-of-a-kind place and very delicious. It was all so fun. On Monday we were able to enjoy a relaxed morning in the hotel and then head out on the town! It was so fun "shopping" in Chicago. Basically that means gawking at the incredible prices of things. Like a toddler boys suit for $336! Seriously?! Do people really spend that kind of money on kids clothes? Anyway, it was fun to browse, and feel the hustle and bustle of a big city.

Most importantly, though, it was wonderful to spend some time alone as a couple. It was very refreshing and we made some wonderful memories.

Stefan and Olivia did great with Uncle Bob and Auntie Jennie. I don't think they missed us too much, though we did get some great hugs when we got back. We're so grateful to Bob and Jennie for watching them for us. I truly did not worry for a minute about them. I knew they were in great hands, and I was able to just relax and enjoy spending time with my wonderful husband.

So thankful and refreshed from a great 24 hours and am now glad to be back home and continue in my calling in life: my family.




(yes, I know the lighting is horrible, but I wanted a picture of us sitting on the couch in front of the window in our hotel room. What can I say?)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

mom said...

I forgot all about you little get-a-way!! So glad that you had a great time and the kids enjoyed being spoiled by Aunt Jennie and Uncle Bob. You got your hair cut, too, sometime since I last saw you on skype. Right? Love you both.

Donna said...

YAH! So glad you got away and had a fun and refreshing time. You're first "honeymoon" since kids, right?! You deserved and needed it! Back to reality this morning!! Glad the kids had a good time--I was sure they would!

Johanna said...

Yes to both of you.

Josh and Amy J. said...

YAY! Josh and I (and Becca) also went away Sunday night for our annual MLK getaway. Glas you both had a wonderful time!

RuthBix said...

What FUN! Isn't it amazing how refreshing those brief little jaunts can be? So glad you got to go, that you had such wonderful babysitters, and that you had SUCH a great place to go to!