Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Latte, Anyone?


2 c. Milk
2 T. Pumpkin
2 T. Sugar
1/2 t. each of cinnamon and nutmeg (or to taste)
2 T. Vanilla
1/2 c. Strong coffee

Combine milk, pumpkin, and sugar over medium heat and bring to a steam. Remove from heat and add vanilla and spices. Put in blender to froth then add coffee.

Note: You might want to make sure that the lid to the blender is on well before you froth. Ask me how I know.

And then when you do it the second time, you might want to check the lid again. Ask me how I know that, too.

Your kitchen and clothes will thank you.


Did I hear you say blond? Puh-leeeease.

It's delicious, by the way. You should try this. Almost as good as Starbucks.

12 comments:

Donna said...

LOL!!! And WHERE is the picture of THAT?! Too funny!

Becbud said...

Thanks for the morning snicker!

Lydia Bixby said...

i miss you! we should be enjoying this together!!

Lydia Bixby said...

oh, you may want to leave the vent off the top of the blender and put a towel over it. The heat makes things explode..yes, corn chowder all over me. Corn chowder burns are not brag worthy :)

mom said...

Oh, I would love to have some with you. And do you have a sparkling clean kitchen now (two times in one day!!)

johanna said...

Lydia, you were making dinner. And THAT is an accomplishment with a newborn in the house! Plus you just made me feel better about myself, so that counts for something! miss you guys too.

Thanks for the tip...now I know.

Mom, just tell me when, and I'll have it hot and ready:)

Josh and Amy J. said...

Sounds yummy...but maybe once we aren't running our air conditioning any more!

johanna said...

oh yah, Amy! I can't imagine still having the AC on! We're definitely enjoying the fall weather.

RuthBix said...

Thanks for the recipe! I have the pumpkin already cooked up and waiting in the fridge. I'll be trying this very soon!

You think it will work if I skip the blender part, just to be sure? :)

JennieB said...

OK -- that's it.... I'm on my way OVER!!! Maybe I will have to stop in for some fellowship with you and bring some of my muffins along!

Johanna said...

Ruth, hope you enjoy! Jennie, PLEASE DO! Call ahead and I'll make some up:)

the mcleans said...

well, i don't consider myself a blonde but...i did it! all over my kitchen-even in the toaster. it was delicious, though. thanks!